Facebook problem with squid proxy

Hi All,

I am facing strange problem with squid proxy (squid/3.0.STABLE13), I am able to login in facebook but as I am trying to open any link in side facebook it does not open and sometime it gives blank page or will not produce anything, I tried to googled but all waste, some says squid can not parse AJAX and java script which is used in facebook.

As I bypass proxy, all links inside facebook working.
I tried to open in multiple browsers too.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Mj

Facebook problem with squid proxy

You need to allow full access facebook plus images,checkout your squid logs for allowing facebook access with all other sources which are required for fb to open.

Thanks,
Alok
Inferno Solutions !
Go with the best !

www.inferno.co.in !
All Linux-Java Solutions-Training under one Roof !
M:-9925519798



On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Linux OpenSource <os2all@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am facing strange problem with squid proxy (squid/3.0.STABLE13), I am able to login in facebook but as I am trying to open any link in side facebook it does not open and sometime it gives blank page or will not produce anything, I tried to googled but all waste, some says squid can not parse AJAX and java script which is used in facebook.

As I bypass proxy, all links inside facebook working.
I tried to open in multiple browsers too.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Mj

Facebook problem with squid proxy

everything is open for Facebook.


On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Alok Thaker <alok.akki@gmail.com> wrote:

You need to allow full access facebook plus images,checkout your squid logs for allowing facebook access with all other sources which are required for fb to open.

Thanks,
Alok
Inferno Solutions !
Go with the best !

www.inferno.co.in !
All Linux-Java Solutions-Training under one Roof !
M:-9925519798



On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Linux OpenSource <os2all@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am facing strange problem with squid proxy (squid/3.0.STABLE13), I am able to login in facebook but as I am trying to open any link in side facebook it does not open and sometime it gives blank page or will not produce anything, I tried to googled but all waste, some says squid can not parse AJAX and java script which is used in facebook.

As I bypass proxy, all links inside facebook working.
I tried to open in multiple browsers too.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Mj


Facebook problem with squid proxy

try allowing fbcdn.net



On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Linux OpenSource <os2all@gmail.com> wrote:

everything is open for Facebook.




On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Alok Thaker <alok.akki@gmail.com> wrote:

You need to allow full access facebook plus images,checkout your squid logs for allowing facebook access with all other sources which are required for fb to open.

Thanks,
Alok
Inferno Solutions !
Go with the best !

www.inferno.co.in !
All Linux-Java Solutions-Training under one Roof !
M:-9925519798



On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Linux OpenSource <os2all@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am facing strange problem with squid proxy (squid/3.0.STABLE13), I am able to login in facebook but as I am trying to open any link in side facebook it does not open and sometime it gives blank page or will not produce anything, I tried to googled but all waste, some says squid can not parse AJAX and java script which is used in facebook.

As I bypass proxy, all links inside facebook working.
I tried to open in multiple browsers too.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Mj






--
Regards
Dhaval Thakar

http://www.linuxreaders.com/
http://www.ipguide.info/

Facebook seems to force

Facebook seems to force HTTP 1.1 connections, of which squid isn't capable, since yesterday. The page you get isn't actually blank, but there is only the closing body and html  tag on it.

You can reproduce the error by changing the network.http.version in the firefox config to 1.0 when bypassing the proxy - you will get a blank page after clicking on the first link in FB.

I don't know how to change the behaviour in squid 3.0, but probably there is an alternativ directive to server_http11 on in Squid 2.7 (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/server_http11/)

HTH
Danny